|Position Title:||Assistant Professor|
California State University, Chico
Assistant Professor Position
College of Agriculture
The Position: The College of Agriculture is searching for a tenure track, academic year assistant professor in Animal Science beginning August 2018. The position includes the expectation the incumbent will be involved in sponsored research consistent with his or her teaching assignment. California State University, Chico is seeking faculty who are competent in their field, collaborative with colleagues and staff, and committed to student success. Position is contingent on funding. Recruitment ID# FA0114
Minimum Qualifications: The minimum education requirement for appointment to this position is an earned Ph.D. or equivalent in animal science or related field. Candidates nearing completion of the doctorate may be considered; however, all requirements for conferral of the doctorate must be completed prior to start of employment. Additional qualifications:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability and experience in undergraduate education
• Demonstrated ability and experience in applied research
• Experience in livestock production in at least 1 major domestic livestock species (beef, sheep, swine, dairy, equine) or meat science
• Commitment to and/or experience promoting and fostering a learning environment that is supportive of individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Recent experience in undergraduate Animal Science or Agriculture instruction
• Ability to teach courses in animal science including such disciplines as nutrition, anatomy & physiology, reproductive physiology, genetics, agriculture research design, grazing management, forage production, range management, animal health and disease, production courses (beef, dairy, sheep, meat goat and swine) and agricultural issues (writing proficiency course).
• Evidence of publications, grants, or other creative scholarship
• Knowledge of western United States agricultural production practices
• Student advising and other types of college/university service
• Participation in professional service activities in agriculture
Responsibilities: Teaching undergraduate courses in Animal Science as required; development of an active research program; serving as an advisor to student organizations; advising undergraduate students; participate in applied research programs at the Agricultural Teaching and Research Center; participate in outreach conferences, activities, and programs within the College of Agriculture relative to attracting and retaining undergraduates; serve on appropriate College and University committees; be an active member in appropriate professional organizations and associations.
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
The Department: The College of Agriculture (http://www.csuchico.edu/ag/) includes 15 full-time faculty and approximately 950 undergraduate majors and offers programs leading to bachelor’s degrees in Agriculture, Agricultural Business, and Animal Science. The B.S. in Animal Science has approximately 390 majors. The faculty represents a wide range of interests and the hallmark of our program is an integrated interdisciplinary undergraduate curriculum. College academic programs are enhanced by the 800-acre Paul L. Byrne Memorial Agricultural Teaching and Research Facility and 240 acres of range land. Animal enterprises include beef, organic dairy, a USDA meats laboratory, sheep/meat goat and swine. Campus support services, such as library, distance education facilities, and student computer laboratories are easily accessible.
Closing Date: Review of complete applications will begin January 15, 2018 and will continue until position is filled
How to Apply: All applicants must apply online at: http://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/4588
Complete online applications will include: 1) a letter of application that includes how the applicant’s qualifications related to the position 2) a statement of teaching philosophy 3) curriculum vitae 4) complete academic transcripts.
Three letters of recommendation to are also required and must be sent to the committee chair at the address below:
Letters of Recommendation & job-related questions should be directed to:
Cynthia Daley, Chair – Search Committee
College of Agriculture
Chico, CA 95929-0310
|Company/Institution:||California State University Chico|
|City, State:||Chico, CA|